Even if you aren’t a great baker, Christmas cookies seem to somehow always turn out well. In Luxembourg, children often get speculaas cookies for St. Nicholas. (December 6). You can use different cookie cutters in all shapes to prepare these cookies. Once you have made the cookies, you can also use them to prepare speculaas tiramisu, speculaas cream etc. What better way to get in the holiday spirit than baking christmas cookies.
- 300 g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 g butter
- 2 teaspoons speculaas spice alternatively 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. clove and 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, egg, butter and spices.
- Stir the flour into the sugar-egg-butter mix the shortcrust to a smooth dough. If necessary, add more flour.
- Leave the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Place dough on a sheet of baking paper, lay another sheet of baking paper on top and roll our thinly. Cut into desired shapes or use cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies until lightly golden. (10 minutes)