If you are a pumpkin lover, you have to try these sweet fall-flavored pumpkin muffins. These delicious muffins are a wonderful breakfast treat! Wouldn’t you agree that muffins are just awesome!
- 300 g pumpkin (Hokkaido)
- 115 g butter
- 225 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350 g spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 115 g raisins
- 60 g chopped nuts (hazelnuts or mix of nuts)
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it in half. Use a large spoon to scrape out the seeds and stingy pulp. Cut the pumpkin in small pieces and cook it until soft. Then puree the cooked pumpkin using a hand blender.
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until frothy. Add the eggs one by one, then add the pumpkin and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch of salt and mix well.
- Then add raisins and chopped nuts.
- Put the batter in muffin paper cups and bake for approx. 25 minutes in the oven.