Combining sweet and savoury flavours in one loaf, this homemade bread with honey and dried Provence herbs taste wonderful with a slice of ham or smoked salmon.
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 150 g honey
- 120 ml olive oil
- 150 g flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- dried Provence herbs
- salt and pepper
- some butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf pan with butter and sprinkle some herbs.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until very stiff. Add one tablespoon sugar and continue to beat. Put the bowl in the fridge.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolk, three tablespoons sugar, honey and a pinch of salt until creamy. Add olive oil and mix well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and herbs and fold in the egg-honey-mix with a whisk.
- Fold in stiff egg.
- Pour the mixture in a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.