Soft, fluffy, and moist carrot cake cupcakes! With grated carrots and ground nuts, these cupcakes are always a hit for Easter. Top them with delicious cream cheese frosting.
Easter Carrot Cupcakes
- 250 g carrots
- 5 Tbsp canola oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 50 g flour
- 200 g ground nuts (mix of walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 100 g butter
- Grate the carrots and put them in a bowl. Add oil and lemon juice.
- Beat eggs together with sugar until fluffy. Fold in flour and nuts, and carrots.
- Evenly divide batter into cupcake liners. Transfer to oven and bake on 180C for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs.
- For the frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until creamy, well-combined, and lump-free. Add powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Enjoy!