I really love cinnamon rolls, although they always remind me of Christmas. Since the filling is all about building flavour, you can add some chocolate chips, pudding, raisins or caramelized nuts depending on your taste. The base of most fillings is butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Cinnamon rolls are the perfect treat for breakfast or brunch.
- 75 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 200 ml tepid milk
- 600 g flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 80 g cane sugar
- 5 g cinnamon
- 100 g Philadelphia
- 50 g melted butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Mix butter, eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Ad tepid milk and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour and yeast and add it to the egg-mixture and knead well for about 5 minutes until the dough doesn’t stick to your hands anymore.
- Leave the dough to rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- Knead the dough once more, roll it into a rectangle and brush it with some butter.
- Spread cinnamon and cane sugar on it. Add raisins or chocolate chips depending on taste.
- Roll the dough like a roulade and cut off approx. 5 cm thick pieces.
- Place cinnamon rolls slices close together in a greased roast form and bake for about 20 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, mix butter, philadelphia and icing sugar.
- Spread frosting over hot cinnamon rolls.