A fast, easy, no-bake dessert or snack.
Like salami, it is formed as a long cylinder and sliced into discs for serving. The chocolate salami is the perfect crunchy treat to snack. A friend of my mum used to make this recipe years ago. We (mainly my sister and I) loved it so much, that my mother asked for the recipe. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make. The salami tastes also wonderful with some nuts, raisins or dried fruits.
- 250 g petit beurre biscuits
- 100 g butter (soft)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar, for coating
- Place biscuits in a large bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Mix soft butter, cocoa powder, sugar and egg in a bowl.
- Add biscuit crumbs and mix until combined.
- Spread the mixture out on a plastic wrap and shape it into a log. Roll up and place the salami for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the plastic wrap and dust with icing sugar from all sides. Cut into pieces and serve. Keep the salami in the fridge and take it out before serving.