This is an easy and delicious recipe for Tikka Masala chicken, best served up with rice and Naan.
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 small can of coconut
- 2 to matoes
- juice of half a lime
- 400 g chicken breast
- salt pepper, paprika
Ingredients for 6 naan breads
- 160 g flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 25 g butter
- 50 ml milk
- 65 g plain yoghurt
- For the naan breads mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Heat butter and milk in a saucepan until butter is melted.
- Now add the flour mixture into the butter and mix well.
- Add plain yoghurt and form dough with your hands. If the dough is still sticky, add some more flour. Set aside for about half an hour.
- Portion into 6 small dough balls and roll them.
- Bake the flatbread in a pan (without oil). Let it dry fry and puff up for about 3 minutes, then turn over and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Brush the fresh-off-the-skillet naan with some melted butter and top them with some herbs.
- For the chicken fry the chopped onions and garlic cloves in oil.
- Add garam masala and cinnamon.
- Deglaze with coconut milk and tomatoes and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast and limejuice and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.