When someone asks if you’d like cake or pie, why not say you want both? Tiramisu is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert, layered with ladyfingers dipped in espresso and savoury mascarpone cream. The raspberries with their vibrant colour add a fresh taste to the tiramisu and is a perfect combination with the
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 1 cup of black coffee
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liquor or Cognac
- 1 pack ladyfingers (Boudoir biscuits)
- cocoa powder for dusting the top
- Separate the yolks and the whites into two bowls. Whip the egg yolks with the sugar until you have a creamy mixture.
- Add the mascarpone and whip it in until it’s light and fluffy.
- Whisk egg whites until they are stiff and fold them into the mascarpone mixture.
- Make a black coffee or espresso and pour into a bowl. Set your pan up with a layer of coffee soaked ladyfingers. Add the first layer of tiramisu cream. Add a second layer of ladyfingers to the pan. Add the remainder of the tiramisu cream. Dust the tiramisu with cocoa and/or red fruits.
- The tiramisu is best if you last it for at least 6 hours in the fridge so you better prepare it one day ahead of time.