Thai cuisine perfectly blends sweet, spicy, salty and sour flavors. This chicken with cashews can be served with basmati rice and hot spices can be added depending on your taste.
Ingredients for 4 people:
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 carrot, some broccoli, some corn
- 1 handful soy beans
- 200 g sugar snaps
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 onion
- 50 g cashews
- 250 g basmati rice
- chilli peppers to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- The first step is to mix the sauce ingredients. Put everything together in a bowl and stir it up. Peel and grate ginger and put aside.
- Cut the carrot and broccoli into cubes. Put vegetables, soy beans and sugar snaps in a bowl and put aside.
- Dice up the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Bring salted water to boil and cook the rice for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the onion. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion. Stir the chicken and season to taste with salt, pepper and ginger. Add the vegetables and the sauce and let it simmer for a further five minutes.
- Add the cashew nuts and season again with salt and pepper.