Who doesn’t love cupcakes? These sweet lemon cupcakes with a light lavender flavour are perfect for spring! There are no bounds to your creativity in decorating them.
Ingredients for 12 cupcakes:
- 120g flour
- 120g sugar
- 1 TL baking powder
- 40g butter
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 EL lavender syrup
- 120ml milk
- 5 tablespoon grated lemon peels
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 100g butter
- 100g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- food colouring (violet)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and butter until a gritty mixture is obtained.
- Add lemon juice, lavender syrup and milk and mix well until combined. Stir the lemon peel into the mixture.
- Add the egg and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting. Bear the butter until smooth. Add icing sugar, cream cheese and mix well. Add food coloring until it reaches the desired shade of purple.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes using a piping bag.