Ice cream is always a good idea. This honey ice-cream provides the ultimate summer feeling and can be supplemented with nuts, chocolate chips or dried fruit. Since we are beekeepers, we try to cook more and more with honey. You don’t need sugar for this recipe because honey is already sweet enough.
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 250 g honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500 ml cream
- Seperate the egg whites and yolks.
- Beat egg yolks, milk and honey over a main-marie until creamy.
- Add vanilla sugar and salt and let cool down.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gradually fold into the cooled honey mixture.
- Beat cream until stiff and fold also into the mixture.
- You can also add chocolate chips, chopped dried fruit or nuts.
- Fill the mixture into the icemaker and freeze for about 20 minutes.