It’s still very hot in Luxembourg and warm weather means for certain: more time for barbecues, long evenings and cravings for refreshing drinks. When life gives you lemons, go get some fresh ginger and mint and make lemonade. This is a super easy recipe to make your own lemon syrup.
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 200 g white sugar
- 200 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 500 ml water
- decoration: a few lemon and orange slices, a few leaves of mint and rosemary
- still or sparkling water
- In a saucepan, combine ginger powder, sugar and water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add lemon juice and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- This syrup can be mixed with 1 – 1,5 litre water. To prepare lemonade combine 1/5 syrup with water in a glass and stir well.
These pictures were taken by our lovely friend Carmen from @foxygraphie.