As soon as January is over, Luxembourg dives right into the festive mode with the start of ‘
- 500 g flour
- 40 g fresh yeast
- 150 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 150 g butter
- frying oil
- Take the eggs, milk and butter out of the fridge.
- Sprinkle yeast on top of the warm milk. Add 100g flour and mix gently. Skip this step when using instant yeast.
- Let dough rest in a bowl covered with a kitchen towel for 45 minutes.
- Add 400g flour, sugar, eggs and salt and knead into a smooth dough.
- Beat the butter and add to the dough.
- Let the dough rest again for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough lengthwise until it is about 1cm thick. Cut out 2cm long strips and make a knot of each strip. Let them rest some time.
- Deep-fry them in hot oil until they are baked. Sprinkle them with some sugar. These doughnuts are best served fresh the same day.