This simple dish is rich with the flavour of goat cheese and pine nuts. Pine nuts have a high level of magnesium and iron and are probably best known for their use in pesto sauce. They can be eaten raw or toasted and are especially good in salads. This pasta salad can be eaten warm or cold. It is a fast and easy meal to make for lunch.
- 250 g farfalle
- 100 g pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- a bunch of rocket
- 100 g goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil farfalle for 10 minutes in salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, roast pine nuts in a dry pan and and set aside.
- For the dressing, stir together olive oil and oregano.
- Wash rocket and drizzle with the dressing.
- Add the farfalle and the pine nute. Cut goat cheese into small dice and mix with the farfalle.
- Season with salt and pepper.